peugeot 106 1.1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys again been on here before had problem with my car been through spark plugs leads battery finally come to the conclusion it could be the temp sensor or engine sensor. it runs ok for 2 days fine and then wont start on the third day also when it dont start u cant hear the petrol pump going when it dont start. just waiting for the third day but could any one tell me if these sensors are faulty could it do this to my car or could it just be a coninsident that when we took it out and plugged it back in it started.also we have had diagnostic when running its ok the fuses to fuel pump ok and replaced the relay.if any one can help that would be great.

Sponsored Links
hi was buying from scrap yard but before i got round to buying i was advised to check sensors before i bought one as it could be unnessary. we were told if the sender had gone the petrol gauge would not move when not working but it does have not ruled it out yet though. but the car was not starting at beginning of the week and we unplugged the temp sensor and cleaned it cause it was very dirty and plugged it back in and the car started might be a fluck but just thought some one could advise me rather than wait three days before it goes again.

Hi,
The sensors don't stop the pump from working, they send information to the E.C.U to give optimum combustion. I think you should either do as previously advised with test lights or change the pump/sender unit in the fuel tank. The sender and pump are separate but put together in the one unit, you will understand what I mean when you see the unit.

;)

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replys we had electrical test and ignition switch was fine . going to do test lights this weekend now got my fuel pump and sender but still not convinced that is what it is but fingers crossed just waiting for it to be fixed.

had 2 diagnostic tests done and both times been when it is working . tried this week to get one done on the day it did not work and it started before the person we know with the equipment could get there.people keep telling me to get it done on the day it dont work but thats ok but we have spent on car so far and relying ona friend so we have to wait for him for the test.got me fuel pump and sender and waiting to find time to fit it . thanks again for any help or advice.

i thought i would just let those know who kindly gave me advice before that i still having problems but thankfully had my fuel pump tested and its absolutely fine think we getting closer to problem.had ignition checked it was ok and we now know there is a live feed missing at the fuel pump. we know its not relay ,cut of switch and injectors have been tested we think its a wiring faulty some were in the circuit loom but at the moment car running fine and cant see nothing that stands out .we just waiting for a friend to come and have a look at the electrics in the loom as we no good there.

Sponsored Links
Back