Cavity Slab Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've used Wickes Cavity Slab Insulation to insulate a wall.

Is this stuff safe to put behind the light switch?

it's not touching the wires going into the light switch, it's just touching the light switch box behind.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't be a problem.

Wires get warm when electrics passes through them and that heat has to go somewhere. If you stick too much insulation around the cable then it keeps the heat inside.

However the amount of current going through a lighting circuit isn't enough to be a problem even if you wrap the whole cable in the stuff.

If you wrap insulation around the socket cables and run electric heaters then you could possibly have a problem. But lighting cables, no problem at all.[/i]

I don't know how half the houses in Britain haven't burnt down already frankly, given that the dangers of insulation around electrics seems to be a more recent phenomenon!

I don't know how half the houses in Britain haven't burnt down already frankly
Id agree with you there Frddier, I'm sure you don't know
, given that the dangers of insulation around electrics seems to be a more recent phenomenon!
The second part of your sentence doesn't logically follow the first. However you can be sure that the dangers of putting insulation around electric cables has been known for some time.

Just go to bed at night safe in the knowledge that other people do understand and the lectrikery fairy is looking after you.

Sponsored Links
You are the best. I look forward to my second kicking so I can get another chip for other shoulder and become a balanced man.

We all know you are the guy to do it !!! Just posted on General Discussion so you might pop over and sort me out.

come on girls, you are both pretty!lol

is this slabbing insulation suitable for stud walls, and what are they like for soundproofing qualities?

what would you recommend?

Ta

H

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back