Cavity Tray at DPC level vs lean mix infill

Whatever happened to angling the bed joint, not overloading the perp joint and a plank of wood over the cavity to catch the droppings?

The thing is with this hessian and cutting brick out palaver ...... there should not be any compo in the cavity to start with!

Sponsored Links
Whatever happened to angling the bed joint, not overloading the perp joint and a plank of wood over the cavity to catch the droppings?

The thing is with this hessian and cutting brick out palaver ...... there should not be any compo in the cavity to start with!
You tell that to a hungry brickie feeding four others whilst the contractor is screaming for more quantity.

Crap image but snots aplenty...

Surely it wouldn’t take much for a snot to settle above the hessian and remain in place post hessian removal. Anyway more to the point, you putting right the snags on new builds nowadays @noseall ?

Sponsored Links
Surely it wouldn’t take much for a snot to settle above the hessian and remain in place post hessian removal. Anyway more to the point, you putting right the snags on new builds nowadays @noseall ?
No mate - building an extension and an inglenook and chimney on brand spanker...

Ended up having to rake some of the mortar out as the bricks held water (soaked despite being kept in the garage for a week!) and the low temps attacked it, three days after we finished laying in the fairer weather.

Good looking job, although that woodburner looks a bit lost in that massive Inglenook:sneaky:
Lol. Not part of my contract. Customer selected it. Correct, its swallowed up by the huge space.

Ill photograph it all when I've fitted the stone skirting. All the outside is complete i.e. gutter fascia soffit etc.

Looks great. Is that new big steel, with the framing above it, just there to support the new roof ridge beam? Rather than it bearing into the existing wall?

Looks great. Is that new big steel, with the framing above it, just there to support the new roof ridge beam? Rather than it bearing into the existing wall?
Correct.

Laughable really considering the roof load transfer and the proximity to the jamb masonry of that patio door opening.

The client's brother is the S.E. He had us put FOUR restraint straps up each side of that tiny gable, lol. I still rib him about it now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back