Cavity wall 300mm how do I close it off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm having an extension done and the back rear wall is having a pelmit wall built higher than the flat roof.

Other than a coping stone (which I'm struggling to find) how do I close the cavity off and make water tight.

As i said i was going to use a coping stone but cant find one 350mm wide. when i do they cost a fortune.
The flat roof flashing with be going under the "coping stone" so with the 2 skin of brick and the cavity that's 300mm plus 30/40mm for flashing.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
My friend had a similar issue, he ended up making a few ply moulds and using a cheap vibrating poker and some shuttering oil cast his own. ....it might be an option?

It's crazy.
Think I'm just gonna get the 305mm ones. That's exactly the width of the wall. Surely that will be ok?

Any help?

No it should be about 350mm with a drip each side to shed the water off. There are plenty of manufacturers and most merchants will be able to supply, pop along to a few and see what each as to offer. Its unlikely you'll find something suitable online, postage will be a killer so most suppliers won't offer it and hence won't publicise prices etc online, as they supply merchants generally. That's not to say local manufacturers won't supply you though they may only want to supply a pallet load. You're gonna have to get on the phone though. You could see what your local reclamation yard has to offer, you never know. You could also try ebay.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back