Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a 'sun room' which was built with cavity walls. It has a polycarbonate roof and the top of the walls is finished with coping stones. I need to replace the roof and noticed that the mortar joints between the coping stones have flashing band over them. Is this necessary to keep things watertight? If it is, would it be appropriate to use wide lead flashing to cover the gap at the top between the inner and outer brick course going down to the roofing sheets. If I do this will the coping stones 'stick' to the flashing with mortar bearing in mind that they will effectively not contact the brickwork below them, only the flashing. Sorry to ask so many questions!

Malcolm

Sponsored Links
Hi

the walls is finished with coping stones. I need to replace the roof and noticed that the mortar joints between the coping stones have flashing band over them. Is this necessary to keep things watertight? Malcolm
shouldn`t be there - must have leaked . Putting a lead flashing across the cavity is an accepted way But expensive . Consider cavity trays of yeovil for a plastic tray with a cover flashing :idea: mortar will stick to lead but it should be coated with bitumen paint first - then 99.9% of jobs it isn`t ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back