Cavity wall insulation / ventilation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this goes here....central heating I thought had some correlation with my cavity wall query.
--------------------------

Enhancing insulation. Quite a big fan of insulation. Got messed up by BG recently, I applied for the cavity wall insulation on the free scheme that I believe may now have closed. On arrival they informed me that the materials they use are not "damp proof" and they were concerned that they may worsen the possible rising damp in my home.

Of which there is none visually evident whatsoever. But the walls detect a bit low down in one corner of the house (nothing at all visually, over a >year i personally think it may possibly have been moisture from a kettle or something by previous owners).

There are 3 air bricks at the area in question. And blocking them, they were concerned about ventilation.

My question is how could I continue to acquire cavity wall insulation? with damp proof materials (like what)? who does them (around durham?) should I?

The attics insulated.

An additional worry for them was they couldn't read something (think it was the energy use) on the fireplace regarding ventilation.

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back