Cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of having a 75mm cavity instead of 100mm for an extension wall; space is tight. Does anyone see any issues in doing this. I guess we would use 50mm kingspan and leave 25mm gap. Any issues with this approach?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Thinking of having a 75mm cavity instead of 100mm for an extension wall; space is tight. Does anyone see any issues in doing this. I guess we would use 50mm kingspan and leave 25mm gap. Any issues with this approach?

Cheers
Won't that fall short of the .18 U value standard? You could do full fill instead.

no idea tbh. wouldnt 50mm insulation be sufficient. think inspector is ok with it. what would be used for full fill?

Sponsored Links
we had to use 90mm in 100mm cavity to meet the u value, with no additional insulation on the walls on the inside. build currently in progress.

Actually this is a domestic extension, so its not .18. Its .28 I believe and in that respect, the u value can be met.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back