CCTV cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking to get cctv for my house.

Iv seen these cameras:

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Twilight-FLD-%2d-High-Resolution-700TVL-Vandal-IR-Dome.html

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/product...ra-Low-Light-%2d-Adjustable-4%2d9mm-Lens.html

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/product...2d-2.8%2d11mm--700TVL%2d-Ultra-Low-Light.html

Now not sure which ones to go for.

I want one at the top of the house monitoring the drive and another on the other side monitoring the front of the drive and partially street were car is parked.

Maximum distance is around 30m for the furthest view.
And around 5-10m from top of house to drive

Also want a camera to go next to door and cover front door.

Can someone suggest the right cameras for the job.

Also after a dvr with network support

Budget is around £400

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

we don't use this make of camera ourselves but 700tvl will give you a cleaner picture than a lower tvl.

When purchasing a dvr check whether it supports a dynamic ip address or if you have to download software to track your ip address. it can be a bit of a minefield your not good with IT (i don't know if you are or not)

Hope this helps

Hi there,

we don't use this make of camera ourselves but 700tvl will give you a cleaner picture than a lower tvl.

When purchasing a dvr check whether it supports a dynamic ip address or if you have to download software to track your ip address. it can be a bit of a minefield your not good with IT (i don't know if you are or not)

Hope this helps
I suspect what you actually mean is. Dynamic DNS.
Totally different to a dynamic IP.

Besides, it's the Router that needs to be checked more than the DVR

Sorry clearly a misunderstanding, I am not talking about the router, i am suggesting that Jazz should research that with his standard home broadband the dvr has a supported DDNS avoiding the need for external tracking websites.

Hi there,

Hope this helps
I suspect what you actually mean is. Dynamic DNS.
Totally different to a dynamic IP.

Besides, it's the Router that needs to be checked more than the DVR

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the reply.
I know a lot about I.T So am fine with that part.
Already have a dns setup to remote access other hardware.

Just the cctv cameras I'm confused about.
Just don't want to spend money and end up with a poor product.

As there's no samples of the video quality only have the reviews to go on.

Any other cameras out there that will be suitable?
Minimum 700line and preferably dome style for the discreet look.

Thanks
Jaspal

Hi there,

The cameras we use are trade only and i don't know of any other company that provide them. You could alway's pop into your local ADI Global Branch and see whats on offer. Check that the cameras you purchase do not have thumb screws to tighten, you don't want to make it easy for someone to change there positioning. My local branch has cameras on display showing you the image and giving you an idea on quality. Also try you tube to see if suppliers are showing the quality of the cameras.

Hope this helps

Hi there,

The cameras we use are trade only and i don't know of any other company that provide them. You could alway's pop into your local ADI Global Branch and see whats on offer. Check that the cameras you purchase do not have thumb screws to tighten, you don't want to make it easy for someone to change there positioning. My local branch has cameras on display showing you the image and giving you an idea on quality. Also try you tube to see if suppliers are showing the quality of the cameras.

Hope this helps
And when the branch manager tell him to FCK off, trade only?

Cheers for the reply.
I know a lot about I.T So am fine with that part.
Already have a dns setup to remote access other hardware.

Just the cctv cameras I'm confused about.
Just don't want to spend money and end up with a poor product.

As there's no samples of the video quality only have the reviews to go on.

Any other cameras out there that will be suitable?
Minimum 700line and preferably dome style for the discreet look.

Thanks
Jaspal

Just give cctvdirect a ring. Their kit is usually pretty good. You will be able to describe your requirements fully and they can then advise you better.
They're a reputable company.

Sorry clearly a misunderstanding, I am not talking about the router, i am suggesting that Jazz should research that with his standard home broadband the dvr has a supported DDNS avoiding the need for external tracking websites.

Like i said.
You do all that with the router.

we use cctvdirect for most of our cctv kit and i can reccomend them fully!

the dvr`s we use arew the XDH ones

very good and reliable

also we use there cameras as well, all good kit and reliable with good image and IR

Oasis

Ok thanks will probably go with them then.

What's a good camera for above the front door?
As don't want the ir to blind the camera

Ok thanks will probably go with them then.

What's a good camera for above the front door?
As don't want the ir to blind the camera
All depends on distance, ambient light etc etc.
Like i said, speak to cctvdirect and tell them your requirements, they'll advise accordingly.

What is good for one location/environment may be pants for elsewhere.

Ok il see what they say,

For the connections for the camera, What product do i need to enclose the connectors outdoors?

Im after something discreet, iv seen some setup that have a waterproof box next to the camera. Is this the only solution?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back