CCTV front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well. Is there a cctv option that activates once the door bell has rang, something that is linked? I am looking to add this to my parents house so they can be vary on who is on the door due to recent burglaries in the area. I have seen the door bells with a built in camera but they need to be centralised on the door. This isn't really an option as there door is partly glass.

Price wise not fussed as long as it can do what I want.

Any recommendations all?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm not sure any that can be linked in to a CCTV system, but the doorbells with a built in camer, just need to be positioned on the door frame so that you see the person where they would normally stand.

Nice system, shame they fiddled it. The doorbells placed on the side of he door, but they show the face being recorded from the centr of the door, even though there's no camera there - and that's the problem that the OP started from. But the extra cameras were an interesting point, so a picture of the OPs front door might help us give some suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Hi all see attached image of door. The current bell is on the right hand side

v7ckxs.png

You would need to set the video cam doorbell at an angle with say, a piece of wood behind it. As these systems have a speaker in them, the visitor will automatically turn their head to respond.

You would need to set the video cam doorbell at an angle with say, a piece of wood behind it. As these systems have a speaker in them, the visitor will automatically turn their head to respond.

Yeah that makes sense, what system would you recommend?

Sorry, I'm still investigating them myself, so I can only give you what I've worked out myself so far. I live in a five story property, so don't want to have to rush down and answer the door.

Sorry, I'm still investigating them myself, so I can only give you what I've worked out myself so far. I live in a five story property, so don't want to have to rush down and answer the door.

Yeah I get you, please keep me updated. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back