cctv systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there being looking at Swann CCTV system could you guys put me in the right direction for which is good system thanks

Sponsored Links
whats your budget?
what do you need it to do?

have you not searched Swann on here yet?

Sponsored Links
hi there was looking at the link the hikvision , I have seen somewhere before that they are made by swann but with a different name which would yourself recommend

I have seen references on other forums to HIKVision making stuff for Swann that was sold at CostCo, however I am unable to verify that.
I have been recommended HIK and been told to avoid Swann, so if they make all there gear then seems a little silly?

If budget was not an issue I go with Axis, there are lots of different brands with lots of cameras from each manufacturer. The solution is more about getting what is right for you.

Your lighting, distance, and what you want the system to do will be the most important considerations.

At least it not me being blinds see that too I will look at all option before make choice I no unless you pay for top one you wont get rubbish beside most system it night time is more important as for the quality of the picture

I have seen cctv footage that looks great during the day and good at night, the same camera in a different location is crap, due to the lighting conditions near the camera.

if the area is well lit with say a street lamp then wont be a major issue in quality between day and night but may still be black and white at the darkest moment, but quality b&w.

Some people have videos on you tube for specific camera models, you can look on there for ones done in the day and night and how many light sources you can see, those done with no apparent light sources close by may be worth looking into.

hi guys like to pick someone brain, with any system where you can add extra camera, is there an option where you can add extra camera using one of the other cables but splitting either end with a power and other connection

I would try and be more specific if you can. I am aware there are various options for sharing cable depending what you have/need.

If your starting from scratch why are you asking this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back