CD stuck in drive -please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Denon tuner/CD (Ref UD-M3) unit that the CD is stuck in the drive bay. There does not appear to be a pin hole for manual opening as on a PC. Had the covers off, but cannot find any way to release the tray.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have in the past had to strip down DVD players to retrieve a DVD. No real easy way. Of course with a DVD player only one is not really bothered if you damage it as faulty anyway but when part of a bigger system then more of a problem.

The PC versions are not much better as they run at high speed and I have had a couple of CD's disintegrate inside the player and completely wreck the unit.

But in the main they are a lot better than old VCR players and recorders so things are improving!

Agree with Eric,

Complete strip down seems the only option!

If you haven't done it before then take photos as you go and keep notes of all screws removed, and from where, or else as probably lots of us on here, you'll learn from your mistakes the hard way!

Good luck.

Owen

Also forgot to add:

as eric says, try the repair/ removal of VHS/beta or micro cassettes, we now have it so much easier.

Pinch rollers and magnetic heads are ba$tards!

Bring on the digital era, more RAM, no more moving parts please!

:)

Sponsored Links
Depending on how long it takes you to strip it down, and assuming a rate of say £10 per hour to do so, it might be more economical to just buy the CD again next time you're in a music store..... but not as rewarding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back