CDA oven and hob help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.
Same old question - different make.

i have an old hob that is wired into a built in oven which then is wired into the switched cooker circuit on the wall that has a 40amp fuse in the cirtiutbreaker cupboard.

My new CDA oven and hob look like they do not connect to each other in the same way. Can i put both sets of wires into the same cooker point on the wall? The oven is 1.68kw and the hob is 6kw.
Yor help would be appreciated very much.

jase

Sponsored Links
nawty said:
Hi folks.
Same old question - different make.

i have an old hob that is wired into a built in oven which then is wired into the switched cooker circuit on the wall that has a 40amp fuse in the cirtiutbreaker cupboard.

My new CDA oven and hob look like they do not connect to each other in the same way. Can i put both sets of wires into the same cooker point on the wall? The oven is 1.68kw and the hob is 6kw.
Yor help would be appreciated very much.

jase

1) You Need to replace the existing fuse with a 30A fuse, Or if a CB then with a 32A type 'b' Circuit Breaker.

2) Connect the Hob to the existing cooker switch, and if the cooker switch has a socket then connect the oven to this socket.

3) If not then replace the cooker switch with one that has a 13A socket. Ensure that the cooker circuit breaker is fed from the RCD side of the Consumer Unit and then Replace the 13A fuse in the oven plug with a 10A fuse.

3) Install a new FCU with a 10A Fuse for the Oven a

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back