Electrics to separate oven and hob.

26 Aug 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm replacing a cooker that runs off a switched 40amp supply with a separate single oven and ceramic hob. The oven is rated at 2250w and the hob is 6600w. Would it be ok to wire them via separate cables to the 40amp supply or the hob to the 40amp and the oven to a double 13amp socket which is a spur. Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Much depends on manufactures instructions.
2250W = 9.78A
6600W = 28.69A
Total 38.47A so even without applying diversity there are within the 40A I would consider using a fused connection unit for the 2250W appliance to limit it to 13A and so allow smaller cable.

There are double outlet connection units but I failed to find on on internet
Sponsored Links
not really much use for the OP in this instance, but the twin cooker outlet pictured above is a click PRW217.

Fits ok onto a standard single flush b/b, but you need the right plastic b/b if you're going to surface mount it PRW218 (i think)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local