CDA tap hose wont stay in!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Product - CDA Contemporary Conical Base Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap TV11SS.
Reference the attached picture, for the life of me I cannot get this hose to successfully stay in the cradle. I’ve ensured both cradle and hose mount are clean but it keeps falling out. Very rarely it stays in but pops out when water is turned on as the hose has a bit of pressure.

Photo shows it being held in by elastic band which is the only way to keep it there.

Understand this is a real low level question but anyone has any dramas with these in the past?

Seems to me the locking mechanism is pretty non existent and the bend in the hose naturally wants to push it out.

I am resided to the fact it’s just a poor design but if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated- thanks . Seems like a poor design for such an expensive tap

Attachments

• 5D53ED4D-D42B-4C76-802E-AF245D8C0198.jpeg
    5D53ED4D-D42B-4C76-802E-AF245D8C0198.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Is the gap a thread where it can be tightened? Failing this contact CDA? Tap is guaranteed for 5 years.

Hello all,

Product - CDA Contemporary Conical Base Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap TV11SS.
Reference the attached picture, for the life of me I cannot get this hose to successfully stay in the cradle. I’ve ensured both cradle and hose mount are clean but it keeps falling out. Very rarely it stays in but pops out when water is turned on as the hose has a bit of pressure.

Photo shows it being held in by elastic band which is the only way to keep it there.

Understand this is a real low level question but anyone has any dramas with these in the past?

Seems to me the locking mechanism is pretty non existent and the bend in the hose naturally wants to push it out.

I am resided to the fact it’s just a poor design but if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated- thanks . Seems like a poor design for such an expensive tap
The U at the end holds the ribbed section, if it’s failing it’s may need the U gently squeezing together to grip the tap.
The guarantee conditions pretty much exclude all failure due to wear and tear which is the main reason anything on a tap fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back