Which shower hose do I need for replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The shower hose is in our bath has started leaking. I couldn't figure if the replacement hose should be a 'standard' one or a particular one? I am attaching the pictures . the shower is operated through a mixer tap & that tap is fixed on the wall. if it helps : I think i will need pliers to open the nut that connects to the fitting popping out of the bath.

I tried searching the net. The following link seems to be closest, at least visually.. https://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-bathroom-mixer-tap-hose-polished-stainless-steel-10mm-x-1-5m/622pg

I will appreciate the help in being pointed to the correct replacement product.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1358.jpeg
    IMG_1358.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
Vast majority of shower hoses for use in domestic properties will be 1/2”, and as long as it’s suitable, eg you can purchase ones suitable for mains only.

Mixer tap so I'll assume it's Gravity fed, meaning you need a bigger bore hose. (If its mains fed you wont need to turn the taps on so much!)

The Swirl item you've linked to should be more than adequate.

Sponsored Links
thanks both for the answers. i got the hose and wrecked the attachment that goes "inside" the bath tub while changing it :( so will arrange a plumber to come and sort it now. sigh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back