Replacement for Old Shower Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old bath tap/shower mixer unit. the hose to the shower head is split and I need to replace it. However all the hoses that I see have different fittings. My hose has male fittings on both ends whereas all the new ones seem to have female fittings. I have a picture on my old hose in my plumbing album. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement from?

Sponsored Links
The females at the end of the new hose will fit the inserts from the old hose, (you removed one from the right hand side in your picture) as standard.

Is there more than one standard diameter for replacment hoses. I guess what you are saying is cut the old inner tube and use the old fittign as a connector between the new hose and old tap /shower.

I have another shower in the house and having tried it with the hose from that is doesn't work because the female fitting is far larger than the male fitting from my old hose. Can I get a replacement hose with a smaller diameter female fitting?

Sorry i don't know how to explain the size of the fitting other than to say that the end that needs to attch to the hose is an outside diameter of about 14mm

1/2 inch standard - so you'll need something like this with a bit of ptfe on one thread as you already have, and the rubber washer from the new hose for the other end

Sponsored Links
The fitting that I purchased is not the right size. Is it possible to get one that reduces down to fit my old shower attachment. Hopefully you will be able to see from the image in my plumbing album that the fitting I have is way too big to fit in to the old shower head. I have photo'd it with the old hose and attachment and the new hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back