cedar wood cladding for loft dormer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

It's me again. I'll probably be hanging out here for a while as I'm planning a loft extension...
Had a couple of quotes back and noticed that one had specficed that the dormer would be clad in cedar wood.

My questions is, is this any better/worse than normal tiles?

Thanks

SB

PS Regarding my previous post, I am waiting for a roofer to have a look at my roof to see if it needs replaceing or just felting - thanks for suggestions

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone!

clad in cedar wood.

SB

PS Regarding my previous post, I am waiting for a roofer to have a look at my roof to see if it needs replaceing or just felting - thanks for suggestions
Dunno, but it used to make me a right bird puller in the 70`s ... much better than BRUT

Yea but you really can't beat a splash of Old Spice, now can you?

Arggh, you got me humming that Old Spice music now ...worse still, the X factor use it :mad: Do you know what happened to the Avon Lady :?: ..... Max Factor :oops: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi. Think the idea is using materials that when completed requires no maintenance. Cedar being a timber that conforms. sheet lead is used for similar reasons but sheet zinc sheet seems to have found favor with specifiers of late. Good Luck

Wouldn't recommend that you have the dormer clad using tiles though - tend to have a habit of blowing off more that any other cladding material I can think of

personally i would opt fpr plain tiles unless the character of the poperty requires cedar (Cedar is good)
Plain tiles on vertical is absolutely fine if corectly fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back