Ceiling Advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a house which is 40 years old and I am doing a major alteration. Especially the existing ceiling rhino board. The ceiling joint has three quarter timbers and this has been painted with PVA. I have moved the three quarters and I can see in between the ceiling there is a gap. I want to Rhinolite, but it worries me that at a later stage, the cracks will appear. Please can you give me some advise on what material to use, before Rhinolite. e.g Silicone or ceiling tap...... What else?

Sponsored Links
Have you got some picture to uploadf that we can see.
I guess, Rhinolite will be simular the gypsum plaster we use in the UK?
And Rhinoboards will be the same as our standard plasterboards?
If the crack is not massive it should be possible to tape over the joint and fill it out, the board will need to secure so make sure there is no movement in the ceiling.
Do you intend to Rhinolite the whole ceiling?
Don't quite understand the moving of the 3/4 timbers or why they would be PVA'd. Could you go in to a little more detail?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back