Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a house which is 40 years old and I am doing a major alteration. Especially the existing ceiling rhino board. The ceiling joint has three quarter timbers and this has been painted with PVA. I have moved the three quarters and I can see in between the ceiling there is a gap. I want to Rhinolite, but it worries me that at a later stage, the cracks will appear. Please can you give me some advise on what material to use, before Rhinolite. e.g Silicone or ceiling tap...... What else?

Sponsored Links
South Africa
pvad beams wtf erm over too you steve or jr im saying nout on this

have a look at this link looks like you can get rhino tape, but it looks like normal scrim tape should do it, and it also shows you the prep for Rhinolite which looks like its just gypsum plaster,tbh its the first ive heard of this and it says expansion joints for large areas? so if you have any large areas i would put those in http://www.gyproc.co.za/content_sub.asp?ssID=30

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back