Ceiling emulsion blistering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone can help. We live in a newbuild house (approx 3 years old), and when we re-decorated the kitchen we had a problem with the new paint causing the old paint to blister. As we were rollering over, the old and new paint was peeling off in big strips. We had to perservere and waited till everything dried then go over the missing areas with filler before re-painting. My brother recently decorated our living room, and he hit the same problem. Any idea what's causing this? and what can I do to prevent it. I'm planning on starting on one of the bedrooms today and don't want to spend days doing a tiny little bedroom.
Cheers
Alan

Sponsored Links
The original plaster didn't receive a 'mist' coat so isn't bonded to the ceiling. Best bet is wizz over really fast (roller) with something like Zinsser Gardz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back