Ceiling fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am looking at buying a ceiling fan which states that both an Infra-red controller and RF controller can be used for the unit. I was intending on using the RF controller in conjunction with the wall switch, meaning that the controller could be used to control the fan rotation and operation of the light, but the light could also be turned on from the wall switch by the door, sort of acting like a 2 way system. I have just noticed that it states 'Cannot be combined with wall switch', i'm presuming that this means what I was thinking of is not possible and the RF controller would simply replace the wall switch?
RF controller: https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/EN78792.html

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the instructions do not give a circuit diagram, in the rest of the EU it is common for the light switch to be used as a junction box, this means no permanent line at the ceiling rose, however in the UK we tend to use the ceiling rose as a junction box which means no neutral at the light switch. However our system allows a ceiling fan to operate independently to the light, so UK systems often the fan remote control only works the fan.

Since you have selected a German product it is likely designed for German wiring, the instructions for the remote has no circuit diagram, and the fan I selected does not have any instructions included, Westinghouse is normally considered as a good make, may be there is a British version, but I can't find it if there is. It may be possible to like most British fans run the fan with remote and lights with wall switch, but without actually having one in front of me can't really tell.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the instructions do not give a circuit diagram, in the rest of the EU it is common for the light switch to be used as a junction box, this means no permanent line at the ceiling rose, however in the UK we tend to use the ceiling rose as a junction box which means no neutral at the light switch. However our system allows a ceiling fan to operate independently to the light, so UK systems often the fan remote control only works the fan.

Since you have selected a German product it is likely designed for German wiring, the instructions for the remote has no circuit diagram, and the fan I selected does not have any instructions included, Westinghouse is normally considered as a good make, may be there is a British version, but I can't find it if there is. It may be possible to like most British fans run the fan with remote and lights with wall switch, but without actually having one in front of me can't really tell.

Many thanks, I went ahead and purchased a fan and the RF controller (apologies for incorrectly inserting the IR link), and it does indeed work in conjunction with the wall switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back