Ceiling fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a westinghouse ceiling fan/light - additional to this I purchased th IR kit to go with it. )this is made by the same people) I have just powered it up - the fan and light work fine - but only manually??? I can't think I have gone wrong as it was all multiplugs from module to module?? There is a fuse in the IR receiver but this tests ok? Has anyone got any advice or experience with these?

Sponsored Links
what do the instructions say? (you have them and i do not)

they are not really all that gr8!! basicaly the fan/light comes as a normal unit - additional to this is the IR kit. So - the IR receiver sits at the top with the fanlight bit underneath. You take you supply from the wall switch directly to the IR part - this has a multiplug that connects up to the fan/light section - the other multiplug connects to the motor part - I don't beleive these can be done wrong way round and still work - one set had a red sticker on?? The fan and light operate fine from the manual pull cords - but not from the remote. The only reference to the set up is switch on at wall - set fan manually with cords to full speed and then stop using control - and likewise try and switch light on - if it doesn't work straight off switch on with cord then leave cord setting and operate fully from remote. This enables fan speed, light on/off and dimmer for the light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back