Ceiling not level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

An embarrassed DIYer here. I have just recently put in a false ceiling in a bedroom 16ftx8ft approx.

I know some of the blame lies with myself but the wood I used also has not helped. Anyway I seem to have a run off at one end along the short span of the room. Before I get someone in that knows what they are doing how can I level the boards out. There are 3 1800 x 900 boards and the fall is on the last set of the three. The long span is level with no problems. Does this need to be rectified before being plastered or will thew plasterer get it right?

Also a ball park figure how much to dry line and plaster a room and ceiling of approx 16ft x 8ft room?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't know about the costs but if you managed to get the bulk of the ceiling level then the only answer is to take down and correct that which isn't. Otherwise it will always look crap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back