ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am replacing my bathroom light but i appear to have cocked up the configuration of the ceiling rose. Is there anyone who can help me with how i should go about rewiring it? I have had about a dozen goes and everytime the same result all the upstairs lights work with the exception of the actual bathroom light itself. I have four main wires coming from the ceiling 3 have red and black wires and one has two red wires. Help please!!!!

Sponsored Links
If you look inside the switch for the bathroom light, does it have two red wires ?

If so, try the following:

The three cables that have red and black - Connect all of the blacks to the N terminal in your new light. Connect all of the reds together in a terminal block, either as part of your light fitting or put your own one in. Do not connect these to the L in your new light.

The cable with two red wires: Connect one of the wires to the other red wires, and the other one to the L terminal of your new light.

Might work......

It worked!!!!!!!! Can't thank you enough thankyou very much indeed.
________________________--

please note 15 :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back