Ceiling shower extractor fan dripping water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a ceiling mounted extractor in our shower. Its the one which has a light in the middle then a short length of PVC hose connected to a fan in the loft, which then is connected to a roof mount vent.
After use water is dripping back down the hose into the shower.
I think because our roof space is cold, due to the thick loft insulation, the steam in the hose in condensing back into water & running back down the hose.

Is this common and any way of stopping it?

Thanks,
Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that link! That might sort out a problem I got called to the other week ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

Can these be used on flexi pipe or just ridged.
I think its meant for rigid pipe. Theres nothing to stop you fitting a new short bit of rigid from the fan to this trap, then a short big of rigid to where you need the flexi.

Thanks for that.

Can these be used on flexi pipe or just ridged.
I think its meant for rigid pipe. Theres nothing to stop you fitting a new short bit of rigid from the fan to this trap, then a short big of rigid to where you need the flexi.
If you do this (and it is a good idea) then make sure the pipe seals are OK and that it slopes the right way for water movement rather than natural ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back