Ceiling switch with neon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

I have just installed a ceiling switch with neon (45amp) from Homebase for my shower. The neon light stays on even when the shower is off. The shower and the switch itself work fine so I am assuming I have wired it up correctly. The neon light on my previous switch turned on and off so have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yep.i 2nd that

pubdave you have wired it right, only the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

Have tried to change it around but am having trouble getting the wires to reach the correct parts.

I don't have time to try again..is it ok to leave it as it is for the time being or is it dangerous in any way?

Thanks again

If the wires aren't long enough, leave them where they are and turn the switch though 180 degrees to get feed / load the right way round.

I tried that but it didn't quite reach. All the wires get twisted and thus lose any free length they have!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back