celcon thermolite blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,I would be grateful for some pointers.Can anyone tell me if the celcon thermolite blocks are ok to use under strctural beams.I have two rsj beams (3m span)carrying the upstairs both skins on the side wall of the new ext ,one end of these beams will sit on a piller and the other will sit on another rsj on the internal skin that spans a window.The QUESTION IS...
Will it be ok to use the celcon blocks on the inside wall around the window bearing in mind that these are going to take the weight of the rsj beams .I have had struct calcs done but they did not mention if the celcon blocks were ok to use or that it would have to be normal breeze blocks
Thanks for any info :?:

Sponsored Links
Are there padstones under the beams where they meet the blockwork? (padstones distribute the load so that the weak blockwork can take it)

If its just picking up the wall load it shouldnt be a problem. If the engineers happy i wouldnt worry its what you employ him for, to take responsibility for the structure.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back