Cellar internal rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone please don't scream at me as im a total novice with this but I need help.ive just brought my first house which has a cellar. I want to render the walls which im confident in doing. I'm gonna use a 4-1 mix.
My question is I know cellars are prone to damp, so which is the best way to protect the render. I've got a decent make plasterciser, and a waterproofer with retarder to use as they are large walls but can I mix these both in with the 4-1 mix or can I just pva straight onto the brick work and only use the Plasterciser.im a bit confused as there's so many things you can buy and some do the same thing. I know I sound dumb but just need help.
Ps sorry for long winded story.
Any replies would be great. Oh and cellar does have two air vents they i put in the other day so nice breathable room

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back