Cellotex sold at Wickes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know whether the Cellotex currently sold at Wickes is suitable for use in a concrete floor, or whether it's just for wall or loft use?

I don't seem to be able to find a reference to check with on any at my local store.

I would ask someone in store, but would not be suitably confident in the responses I may get from them!

Sponsored Links
Depends on size/thickness. 8x4 sheets at 60mm upwards for floors. Depending on application. The smaller sheets are usually for walls/cavities but its all mostly the same stuff. Anyway shop around, Wickes aren't too hot for insulation pricing.

It'll be fine for the floor - although as mentioned not the cheapest place.

I've laid two floor slabs for extensions at my house - both times the insualtion has been covered by the DPM anyway. The inspection went;

BCO: Have you got 70mm of insulation under that DPM
Me: Yes
BCO: Okay dokey then

Could have been 70mm of old newspaper!

Whats the matter with Jablite? Cheaper and as good as you need under the floor.

Sponsored Links
You will probably need twice the thickness of jablite to achieve the same level of insulation, so more digging/higher FFL

We use nowt but jablite (polystyrene) although, as stated, it must be 125mm thick. This thickness can be a blessing as well as a curse, but as we use diggers, then an extra 50mm or so removed from the oversite is merely a sneeze.

Wisdom says use what is appropriate, i.e. if you are pushed for space use foam, if you have ground to make up use poly.

Simples. :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back