Celotexing Summer house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently had a new 16x10 summer house put up. Got power in there already and would like it all clad to keep it warm and dry inside. It's a 70mm thick frame clad with log-lap. I have 50mm thick Celotex sheets. do i have to put any other stuff down first? air gaps? I hear you have to tape any gaps around the Celotex? What do i do around the electrics/wiring?
Or is there someone who specializes in this sort of thing in the South Northants/Bucks area i
could contact maybe?

cheers,

-Dan

Sponsored Links
Really the insulation should have been designed in, retro fit is not so easy. But the general principle is avoid gaps/thermal bridges and put any ventilation on the outside of the insulation and any barriers on the inside warm side.

You can buy end of job/ damaged celotex on line that would be a bit more work but fine
Easy diy job
Possibly add ply sheet inside as a decorative finish as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back