Cement based waterproofing products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am considering converting my cellar into useable space but as with most cellars I have a damp problem. I am considering tanking the cellar using a cement based wateroofing product and applying it myself. I have found 2 different products available:

Sulfratex grout - £37.50 + VAT for 25 KG
Vandex BB 75 - £77 + VAT for 25 KG

Both products advised on the same coverage so I would need about the same amount of each. It also appears that they offer the same protection so can anyone tell me why the price is so different??

I am reluctant to use the cheaper stuff if its not going to do the job but on the other hand the Vandex is super expensive! Can anyone help?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Both similar products, if the cellars have water penetration rather than just being damp though don't expect any cement based waterproofing product to be 100% effective long term though. You can get the Vandex for less than that too BTW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back