Cement mixer won't start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group, I have an old belle mini mix MK3 mixer powered by a Briggs & Stratton motor. The mixer hasn't been used for a couple of years, sat in the garage. Went to start it and it wouldn't kick over, replaced the fuel still nothing. Checked for spark and that's OK, will chunter a bit with easy start injected into the air filter. Anyway I noted that there was no fuel getting to the chamber, dry as a bone, removed air filter and the throttle body is also dry, no fuel vapor smell at all. So I find a pipe which has cracked over time, what I would like to know if possible is, what is the part number for this rubber hose, in your expert opinion do you think this could be the cause of the lack of fuel. Sorry I don't have the specifics for the motor type but I've included a few photos below.
Thanks group, Otto West Cumbria

Sponsored Links
Have you made sure that fuel tap or valve is opned up? and even if you did, it may have got blocked up if any debri entered past the fuel filter mesh. just check that the carb feed is wet with fuel, I had a similar problem with an electric generator that used similar engine. Also check that your choke mechanism also works.

The feed pipe to the carb is the first thing you would check for fuel leaving the tank and able to head for the carb, just give your carb a general clean up and unblock any other blockages. Not sure what that pipe does, can you not wrap some self amalgamating tape on it for now just to see if it starts, as long as it is not carrying fuel, the tape should last .

That pipe takes an air pulse from the crankcase to help pump the fuel up to the carb.....its essential that its in one piece.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back