Cementing around a drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chaps,

The cement around my drain covers are breaking away and bits are falling down the drain in to the sewage pipes, not good.
Whats the best way of re cementing these in. Should build a timber frame and pour the cement in, will the cemnet stick to the wood ?? any other ideas appreciated I have no DIY skills whatsoever ....
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I recently dropped a drain cover as part of creating access to front garden for off-road parking.
I removed the drain cover and all the old cement/mortar,bedded the drain cover on ordinary bricklaying mortar (5:1 soft sand/cement) and used a 4:1 sharp sand/cement mix to secure the whole thing.Mix was not too wet,so was easy enough to slope from edge of bricks to edge of drain cover (probably about 40 degree slope) and smooth off.

Left to dry for a week before driving over it,now been using it for three months,and no problems at all :D

Also cut a piece of plywood with rope and put it inside the drain area to prevent mortar etc falling into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back