Cempolay ultra and air bubbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have many air bubbles in the floor after laying the self levelling compound which has left hundreds of holes. It was mixed with a wisk on a drill as instructions advised. What can I do to eliminate air bubbles on the remainder of the floor that I have to do next?

Many thanks

Karl

Sponsored Links
A spiked roller for the new part, it bursts the bubbles as you lay, a carborundum stone for rubbing down the bubbles you missed.

The bubbles cause dents they cant be rubbed out. The bubbles are very small so not sure that a roller would hit them all to be honest. Is there a technique to using a wisk maybe?

The roller is "spiked" like that of a hedgehog that hasn't been run over and it will catch all of the bubbles as long as you havn't laid the screed too thick.

The carborundum stone is for levelling high spots and levelling feather edge that you use to fill the holes left by the bubbles.

Feather edge is a very fine screed you use for things like this.

Alternatively, after laying the rest of the screed (with a spiked roller) it will work, use what is left in the bucket to fill the holes from the first mix, with a spatula, trowel etc,, then use the stone to rub it down after it's dried.

What floor covering are you going to fit ?

Sponsored Links
I'm not covering it, it's a garage floor which is why I'm using the expensive ultra compound. I'm painting it with 2 PAC paint which is why the holes are bothering me

Did you prime the floor first? If the slab you're going over is very absorbent it can suck the moisture out of the smoothing compound to quickly and this will leave you with what look like bubble holes. Priming stops it happening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back