Central heating Burst Pipe underfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?:
Hi Guys

Can someone please advise me,I have had an underfloor CH leak and have removed the cement screed to reveal the defective pipe which I have cut out.The pipe I removed is 10mm microbore with a plastic sheath,I have purchased a similar product and am not sure whether I should just re cover this newly repaired section or add a further amount of lagging to the pipe to protect it.

The screed is at most approx 2 inches deep which does not leave much room to get the new pipe in place and apply the sand cement covering.

I have been deliberating this for a while now as I don't want to get it all back together only to have to dig it out again in six months time because I did not do the job right the first time.

Please Help.

Sponsored Links
Replace all the pipe with a new one above ground. This is a heating system and needs maintaining so don't bury it again or you'll be digging again. When you feel enthusiastic, replace all the other underground pipes too.

Thank you for your response,unfortunately I am looking for something a little less drastic a best compromise. Are you suggesting that if I burry the new PVC coated pipe it will definitely fail again I thought the PVC coating was supposed to protect the pipe.
To remove all my underfloor pipes would be a very big commitment and all I want to do is get our heating back on.

So can you advise on how best to burry the pipe.

Cheers

Will

The plastic covered pipe shouldn't get corroded so don't know what happened there. But the jont will be vulnerable. Wrap it in Denso tape - nasty sticky stuff. Then put some hairy type lagging round it - purpose is only to allow it to move about a bit without pulling itself apart. Never let cement touch copper, or allow dampness in the materials to connect them.

Sponsored Links
Thanx Chris

Will follow your advice,
Also whilst searching for the burst section of pipe the plumber removed another section in a different part of the house, that as now been cemented over but the repaired pipe was only wrapped in the hairy stuff will that be ok or should I remove the cement again and expose the pipe then denzo the joints.

again thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Will

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back