central heating cabling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst poking around in the garage the other day, I noticed that some of my Central Heating wiring is surface clipped 6A flex. That is, between the programmer/timer which is in the kitchen and the main CH wiring junction box which is in the garage; and between this junction box and the HW zone valve/tank thermostat which is in the upstairs airing cupboard. The boiler and pump are also in the garage.

I suspect this was done when the boiler was moved from the kitchen to the garage about 15 years ago; long before I moved in.

I was just wondering if this is ok?

The Central Heating system is fed from a two pole switched fused (5A)spur, and the original wiring from this to the programmer and room stat is 1.5mm twin/earth and three core/earth respectively.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
kentishman said:
I was just wondering if this is ok?

The Central Heating system is fed from a two pole switched fused (5A)spur
The 5A fuse is protecting the 6A cable, so your installation is not unsafe in that respect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back