Central heating - can't set timer - help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I've got a new Ideal Excel HE Boiler and it's the first winter I've had it.

Now that it's getting colder I want to put the central heating on a timer - but I can't work out how :rolleyes: It's not the same as my old system and the instruction manual is useless!! It only has 3 pages to the "user manual" and doesn't tell you anywhere how to set and use the timer.

Please can someone help!?!?!?! :confused:

Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cant really see on the pic. but i used to have a simeler one - if it has little pin things on it all the way round you flick these so they kind of sit out (it the best way i can explain it) starting at the time you want it on, to the time you want it off, for exmaple you "flick back" all the pins that sit between 13:00 - 15:00 if you want your central heating to come on between these times
Thats how you work the timer bit, not sure if you have to do something else on your boiler (im no expert)

.... i might be wrong, but im sure some knowledgeble person will give the correct anwser, if i am :)

Your round about RV ;)

Sorry chilly been off surfing.

OK, Switch the control on to timed, black switch in center, Flick pins out for on times and makesure clock is set to correct time its 24hr.

hows that :?:

if it was fitted this year, can't you ask the plumber to pop round for 5 minutes and show you how it works?

:D

if it was fitted this year, can't you ask the plumber to pop round for 5 minutes and show you how it works?

:D

I wish!!! :LOL:

It was only fitted a few months ago but unfortunately the heating engineer doesn't want to know. I had to call him last week as the system lost pressure and he was so adrupt and in the end I did it myself with the help of this website ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back