central heating circulation problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted a new electric "s" plan system to my old central heating pipework. I originally had an oil fired boiler on one side of the house with an emersion heater the other side of the house. The oil fired boiler has now gone with plumbing altered accordingly. The emersion heater also removed and replaced with the electric boiler and new tank. The whole system is pressurized. Because the layout of the house is awkward and pipework routes not obvious, i can only get some and not all of the radiators hot. By playing with the flow and return valves on the rads i can get each radiator to be hot. (Redirecting the flows). The main question is can i fit a second pump to assist the pump fitted within the boiler to force the water around all of the system. Cheers Dave

Sponsored Links
HI

no you cant.pump are normally designed for 10-15 rads.if your pump is not big enough then you need to replace the pump with a higher output.but you need to think if the pump is fitted inside the boiler then it is designed for the size of the boiler thus bigger pump,bigger pipes and it carries on.i think you simply need o balance the rads.
rads that are closer to the boiler need the valve turning down.your existing pump is fine. :D

Have you followed the instructions in the FAQ on this site to balance the rads?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Did this problem start when you had the new boiler fitted?
Was the system properly balanced when the boiler was fitted?
How long have you had this problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back