Central heating control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone help me on this. I've just had a boiler plumbed in which will supply heat for underfloor heating downstairs and rads up - hot water is a separate deal. The UFH system came with a controller which can either fire up the boiler or open a motorised valve. I've plumbed in two motorised valves, one on the UFH circuit and the other on the rad circuit. Ideally, I'd like to be able to run the boiler to either one or both circuits and so need to control the valves independently. The way I see it is the system is the same as one with central heating and a hot water circuit (standard 'S' plan?) and all I want to do is substitute the rad circuit for the hot water circuit. Do I need a two channel controller or is there another way to do this without changing the controller? I don't mind having a simple manual switch to open the rad valve but if I need the controller for the boiler to fire I assume it will also send heat to the UFH. The existing controller can also control two pumps, the primary and the underfloor heating pump. The boiler also has a dedicated terminal for the primary pump. Is it possible to use the controllers primary pump terminal to energise a motorised valve? Alternatively, is it possible to have two separate timer/controllers running a single boiler or will they conflict?

Any tips gratefully received.

Andy

Sponsored Links
best thing to do is get your installer to do this for you.
if you diy it, he would be fully in his right to claim any problems were caused by your work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back