Central heating control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All :D ,

I have a very old Thorn EMI gas boiler, wall mounted in the kitchen with a hot water tank. It has the control panel with timer on the front of the boiler.

I don't want to change the boiler just yet as it's running fine but I do want to improve the level of control I have over the temp and time settings.

1. I'd like a 7-day option so I don't have to remember to turn the boiler onto constant every weekend
2. I'd like the control system to have more than one zone
3. I'd like to be able to keep low-use rooms cooler to avoiding wasting heat.

What's the best way to achieve this please ? Maybe trv's on the rads and a wireless multizone zone control unit ?

Thanks,

P.J.

Sponsored Links
you will need an external clock
if you want to zone the system you will need zone valves fitting depends on the pipe runs but not always straightforward
trv s are ok but leave at least one rad open(no trv ) as a by pass or the boiler will overheat :)

You can get trv's with built-in timeclocks, Honeywell eg.

Yu'll probably have a gravity HW system - best to convert to fully pumped. Squeal if you need help

Sponsored Links
stand corrected he stuck a post in somewhere
which clearly states DONT ASK FOR PRICES
hope this helps
please dont take offence :)

kevplumb said:
stand corrected he stuck a post in somewhere
which clearly states DONT ASK FOR PRICES
hope this helps
please dont take offence :)

no offence taken kevplumb

but does that apply to prices on internet ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back