Central Heating Controller Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused:
Can anyone help. A couple of nights ago my RCD for the house tripped and I traced it back to the heating and water controls. I have an acl lifestyle controls and a Baxi solo bolier. I have tried replacing the controller but get the same fault. The RCD always trips out after 4 seconds. I have wired in the boiler seperately and it works and I can get hot water but the CH doesn't seem to work and the boiler overheats. The programmer was wired in with the boiler power as well and not just the thermostat and cylinder thermostat. ANY IDEAS ?

Sponsored Links
I have wired in the boiler seperately and it works and I can get hot water
So that bit's OK then.
but the CH doesn't seem to work and the boiler overheats.
Looks as though the fault is in this area. You could try and isolate items further into the system. Try the CH actuator valve, that's about all that's left.

Asking a simple question: Is that the same as the multi postion valve and how can I check its OK

Sponsored Links
Yes. I don't know what valve you've got so I can't be specific. It could be that the motor has gone short circuit (or close). The motor drive is normally supplied by the brown (switched live from thermostat) and blue (neutral) wires. If you disconnect these you could try the system again to see if it trips. The orange and grey wires provide the switched power to the pump once the valve is in the correct position.

If those wire colours don't tie up, make a note of where your ones go and only then (!) disconnect to see if this is where the fault is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back