Central Heating doesn't seem to be working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. My central heating is quite old, but it works and the boiler [an Ideal WLX] is also working fine. I know this cos if I turn the water on, the boiler starts straight away and heats the water - but just in the last couple of days the central heating isn't coming on even when I set it to 24hr.

Although each of the radiators have individual thermostats, there is a central thermostat which controls the heating. I have a suspiscion that's the problem and I think it's broken [or at least heading that way]. To get the heating to come on at all I have to turn the thermostat up to 35 but that's only slightly warming the radiators.

Does it seem logical that it would be the thermostat and how easy is it to upgrade that myself without involving a plumber?

Sponsored Links
DOes the tstat click?
SHould be easy to change
Check the pump is running.

No the thermostat doesn't click, it's a dial nd just turns. Not actually sure where the pump is - maybe I should get a plumber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back