Central heating with no room thermostat

Sponsored Links
Bloody Scots coming over here and causing hassle!

Bugger now I'm offending the Scots! I really shouldn't be allowed out on a weekend.

Anyway back to the OP. Stick a stat on, you won't regret it but don't put the salus in as it will bite you in the arse as they are far from reliable and accurate.

If cost is an issue then look at a basic honeywell/center brand. What do you want it to do and how much do you want to spend?

Jon

Sponsored Links
Yep cheers Ian for that! If only I could have mentioned it I'd have felt slightly validated by the thanks received. Now I'm just going to wallow in self pity in the mediocrity that is my life and slowly self mutilate while perving over an Intergas brochure and then waiting for the sweet release of death.

To the OP, forger about the stat, your life is is too short to worry about it. You will be dead soon so who gives a F00k about having a proper job done?

Jon

My word aqua self flagellation what a terrible thing to go through please don't wallow just think of all the help you give people and remember that at work when a good job is done ist like peeing your trunks in a swimming pool you get a nice warm feeling but nobody notices.Bob

My word aqua self flagellation what a terrible thing to go through please don't wallow just think of all the help you give people and remember that at work when a good job is done ist like peeing your trunks in a swimming pool you get a nice warm feeling but nobody notices.Bob

Aww Bob that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Brought a tear to my japs eye. Right I'm off to the swimming pool for a bit of a confidence boost!

Jon

So I have done it and got a thermostat (a Netatmo internet one no less) and wired it up and it's quite nice. The boiler is definitely not going as much now, thanks guys.
My only query is what do I set the heating temperature dial on the boiler to or is it no longer used. The Netatmo is controlling the room temp and boiler on/off.

My only query is what do I set the heating temperature dial on the boiler to or is it no longer used. The Netatmo is controlling the room temp and boiler on/off.

The boiler thermostat is definitely used. It controls the temperature of the hot water leaving the boiler. If it wasn't there the water would boil. Whilst it no longer controls the room temperature it will control the surface temperature of the radiators. So when the boiler thermostat is set higher, your rooms will warm up more quickly.

Some people like to adjust it with the seasons and have it lower in the milder weather and turn it up when it's colder. Others leave it set fairly high all the time. Your rooms won't overheat now you have a room thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back