Central heating failed need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Yesterday my CH failed, The central heating was on but because it was a nice day not hot, firstly i noticed the hot water was very hot mid afternoon and it should not be, later in the evening it was cold radiators. The first thing i jumped for was the pump as it had been noisy for some time so i replaced it but not end of problem.
My system is Glowworm ultimate, Siemens programmer, 3 port motorised valve, fully pumped, room stat (was) acl drayton 3 wires yellow red blue, I have since changed that for Honeywell T6360 but not sure of wiring. The pump runs on hot water but not CH. if I push the MV right over and hold it there whilst programmer is on HW the radiators get hot. The boiler fires ok. Can anyone assist me. regards Mick

Sponsored Links
Recheck the wiring to room stat is correct.

When turn stat to on, do 3 port motorised valve open to heating? if not, valve failed.

What make of valve?

Dan.

Thank Dan for quick response. Its a Lifestyle Mid-Position Valve (679H340-3OLO.) if thats any use. Not sure how to wire up room stat, any ideas, regards Mick

what is the lever on the side pointing to when ch switched on and not hw
w m h

Sponsored Links
At the moment W, maybe because i have not wired in the room stat (don't know how) Before it went wrong never noticed. Mick

On the old room stat Drayton RTS1 N L 3call red blue yellow worked ok. New stat Honeywell T6360B

Done that, but now and before i did it, boiler fails to light on CH or HW

call for heat yellow goes into siemens programmer no4 on wall plate

right start from here not sure on your colours.
but when programmer/timer comes on the live wire from programmer gos to n0 1
n0 2 neutral.
then 3 from thermostat go's to the white wire from the mot valve. to tell that to open

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back