Central heating feeds to/from Baxi Duotec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone happen to know if I can use a standard bend 3/4" tap connector to connect the central heating feeds to and from a Baxi Duotec boiler? We've recently done some work on our system which has meant new tails to the boiler.

Also, does it matter what washer I use? Rubber vs fibre?

Thanks,

Russ :D

Sponsored Links
You should not use flexible connectors to a boiler, particularly the gas!

Only fibre washers should be used.

Tony

Thanks for the feedback Tony, what I actually mean are the 22mm x 3/4" right angled compression fittings, something like:

5050027123706_001c_v001_zp

Russ :)

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, the tails that came with the boiler were soldered in to existing pipework, which was a bit of a disaster - went from upstairs to downstairs via a really conspicuous route, came back upstairs again to feed the upstairs radiators before going back downstairs again at the other side of the building, under the ground floor there was a pipe running between the feed and return sides of the system effectively bypassing two radiators, a random mix of soldered and compression fitting, 15mm pipe in the middle of the system, etc. :(

Russ

I don't know what the connection type is on a duotec, but what you've got in that pic is a bit bodgy . Why don't your phone baxi and see if they can suply you with the correct ones.

Yes you can. I've had it before where you need to run pipework up and down straight off the boiler. Bad design by baxi as the tails are all on elbows.

My solution was to use straight tap conn's. File the short piece off after the lip which holds the nut on so that it is a butt joint and use fibre washers. You can then put tee's on to go either way :D

Make sure you do a good job when filing and you won't have any problems when filling up

HTH Sam

You can get a jig connection kit from baxi. Your local plumbing merchant will be able to order it.

Like this man says your local merchant or spares place can get you the complete correct jig kit which contains all 5 connections (FL, H, G, C, RT) and a spare blow of kit and its not expensive.

I don't know what the connection type is on a duotec, but what you've got in that pic is a bit bodgy.

The Baxi manual just describes the tails as 3/4" male - I've actually fitted the return feed back to the boiler using these tap connectors and so far it's working, but I'm wondering if there's any techie reason why this might fail in the future?

Thanks everyone for the advice so far. :)

Russ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back