Central heating flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to do this yourself. I see the products advertised for around £20 yet the charge to get it done is around £300

Sponsored Links
Mmm how many rads ? £20 will buy 1 1/2 bottles of cleanser, what about the power flush machine and the knowledge to set it up and carry out the work. Then flushing out the chemicals, re commissioning the system and inhibitor?

For £20 you could buy some cleanser and inhibitor ( cheap stuff). Put the cleanser in, run it around for a few weeks and then wash out and inhibit.

Not the same as a powerflush, not even close

I see the products advertised for around £20

Which products? Last time I looked, a full powerflushing machine setup cost around £1500 to buy, then there's the proper commercial-grade chemicals which certainly aren't £20, the day's training... etc etc

Sponsored Links
I've the same problem as the OP. I see tiles for 50p at the local reclaim yard, yet tradesmen want 15k to re-roof my house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back