Central heating gone a bit mad. Please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice regarding my central heating system. We haven't been in the house long so still not used to some of the quirks but this is odd.... The central heating seemed fine but recently it seems to have developed a life of its own. With the CH off and HW selected for an hour all seemed fine but later in the evening I noticed the CH was on even tho the programmer was off. The room stat has a neon which indicates its on but even turned below the room temp it clicks but the neon is still on but dim. I turned the HW on yesterday and got CH too.... I'm thinking the 3-way valve is faulty maybe and it did feel very hot. Could this be the cause and could it cause the CH to operate independently of the programmer? The valve is a Honeywell V4073A1039. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back