Central heating help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a closed central heating system with a Potterton Netaheat boiler, which has worked well for 14 years or so with the odd part being replaced, pumps etc.
This year it has become much worse & after 3/4 plumbers visits and the boiler has had a new PCB, & another board, a new circulating pump (circulating pump ltd CP53 Mison clone), motorized valve & automatic air vent. After all this the boiler still keeps cutting out & has to be reset.
Other symptoms include daily loss of pressure, some dripping from the overflow, circulating pump overworking & lots of air in the hot water system (the radiators have been vented) & I have tried to vent the pump, but this model has a strange bolt on it instead of a screw that most other models have.
In addition, the hot water was fine on its own during the summer (so I don't think its the boiler) until I drained the central heating system to change the air vent & add Fernox, now it seems to be worse that the heating & the boiler needs constant resetting & when the bolier has cut out, the pump continues to pump & over works, with lots of water noises (air?) in the system.
Any suggestions, tips greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wow, there's a lot going on there!

Can't explain all of it, but if you have a pressure relief valve, the dripping overflow suggests that it might need to be replaced. That would also explain the pressure drop.

Sponsored Links
14 years is a long time.. a very long time.
You might think about a new boiler now.
Think of the efficiency of a new one :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back