Central Heating - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got a combo boiler and I have no idea about them to be honest. We've just moved into a new property and have a digital thermostat which is located in the hall with all the rads with trv valves apart from the usual ones that shouldn't have one. We set the boiler up fine and then tested the heating...

We set the thermostat to 19 and the room temp was 23 but the heating seems to come on. When we turn the thermostat up to 23 or more then it goes off. The heating only seems to come on when the thermostat is set to a lower setting than the room temp but surely that's wrong?!

It's driving me mad so any help/advice would be great!

Sponsored Links
what make and model is the stat can you photo it? Is it wireless?

which room thermostat do you have ? they are just a switch not rocket science

Sponsored Links
It's a Siemans RH10. Yes you would think it's as simple as that as we have used so many different types but this is just really odd...

We want the temp to be at 19 or lower but it's on 23 and the heating is coming on! I don't understand it?! Surely the heating should come on if we had the setting to over 23?

have you read the manual for this thermostat. it apparently displays two temps a comfort set point and the actual perhaps you maybe confusing what you are seeing.

Yes the manual is as simple as they come. The top number is the room temp and the bottom number is the temp we are setting it to as this changes when we use the dial. I really how I'm just wing thick and using it wrong rather than there being a problem!

well the stat is just a switch so if it turns the boiler on at all its not a boiler issue and can only be a stat / receiver issue.

Ok, thank you. Yes boiler defiantly fires up but as I say the comfort setting which we set it to has to be lower than the room temp for it to come on. My understanding was if the room temp got down to lower than the comfort temp then it comes on but this seems to work the other way round!

ok well looking at the manual you will have two terminals (more than 2 but 2 there) on the back of the receiver L1 and L2 I would imagine you have a wire in L2 and nothing in L1 if so it needs to be in L1 and L2 empty. you need to turn off the power to the boiler to check this so no power is on the receiver.

We don't have a receiver with this thermostat. It is literally just the main control that is on the wall, that's it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back