CENTRAL HEATING/HOT WATER - SINGLE MOTORISED VALVE:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The single MV on my CH circuit is a simple open/closed (HW tees off before it). I'm thinking to install a roomstat - does the black (or orange) wire stay live if the MV closes (during a CH programmed on-period)?? At present I have TRVs on all rads (and HW tank) so presumably MV never closes during a CH on-period.

Sponsored Links
providing the heating is calling for heat from the room stat then the orange wire will be live and valve open.

Thank you for that - so I take it the orange wire is NOT live when valve is closed. With just the single MV on my CH circuit, is there any reason why I can't fit a cylinder stat that will turn pump and boiler on/off in summer months when HW-only is programmed on (in addition to a proposed room stat)?? Presumably the only control at present during on-periods for HW or CH+HW is the boiler stat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back